The social stats in Persona 5 are five different stats that dictate your accessibility and skill in different parts of the game’s social features. Increasing them will help open up new Confidants to you and help you accomplish different tasks.
The five social stats are Knowledge, Guts, Proficiency, Kindness, and Charm. Each has five ranks to it.
A good way to develop any stat is through reading, playing games, or watching DVDs, but those apply to all stats and there are many of them, so you won’t see them listed below. In other words, there are DVDs, games, and books that increases each stat.
Other ways to increase any stats include eating certain meals at the diner in Shibuya and going to see different films.
For increasing your Knowledge, try the following:
For increasing your Guts, try the following:
- Studying in the school library
- Spending too long in the bathhouse
- Spending time with the Death confidant
- Taking the Big Bang Burger challenge
- Working at the Crossroads bar in Shinjuku and speaking to stern people
For increasing your Proficiency, try the following:
- Working at the Beef Bowl shop
- Crafting infiltration tools
- Batting cage
- Sleeping in class
- Fixing things
- Spending time with the Hanged confidant
Increasing your Proficiency allows you to make more infiltration tools at a time, helps you with certain confidants, and opens jobs to you.
For increasing your Kindness, try the following:
- Nurturing your plant
- Spending time with the Hierophant confidant
- Working at the Crossroads bar in Shinjuku and speaking to lonely people
- Working at the flower shop
- Spending time with the Tower confidant
Kindness is something you’ll need for a number of Confidants. Without it, you won’t be able to unlock or progress with them.
For increasing your Charm, try the following:
- Spending time in the bathhouse
- Spending time with the Devil confidant
- Spending time with the Sun confidant
- Working at the Crossroads bar in Shinjuku and speaking to flirty people
- Eating at the Maid Cafe in Shinjuku
Charm allows you to unlock Confidants and respective ranks as well as jobs.